Divine Mercy and Divine Grace

John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Prayer to the LORD who sanctifies us

Colossians 1:9-14 "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"

Psalm 141

An Evening Prayer for Sanctification and Protection.
A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD, I call upon You; hasten to me!
Give ear to my voice when I call to You!
2 May my prayer be [a]counted as incense before You;
The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.
3 Set a guard, O LORD, [b]over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice deeds [c]of wickedness
With men who do iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
5 Let the righteous smite me [d]in kindness and reprove me;
It is oil upon the head;
Do not let my head refuse it,
[e]For still my prayer is [f]against their wicked deeds.
6 Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock,
And they hear my words, for they are pleasant.
7 As when one plows and breaks open the earth,
Our bones have been scattered at the mouth of [g]Sheol.
8 For my eyes are toward You, O [h]GOD, the Lord;
In You I take refuge; do not [i]leave me defenseless.
9 Keep me from the [j]jaws of the trap which they have set for me,
And from the snares of those who do iniquity.
10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
While I pass by [k]safely.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+141%3A1-10&version=NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment