Divine Mercy and Divine Grace

John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

Friday, June 25, 2010

Do you believe in Rosary miracles?


Please pray the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary EVERY DAY for peace, the ending of abortion, and for the intentions of the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI.




Please pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Daily for the mercy of God upon us, the faithful, the Pope, all Bishops, all Priests, all religious, those who do not believe in God and who do not yet know Jesus, the Holy souls in purgatory, all in need, those who have left the Church, those who attack the Church, and those who seek the ruin of the kingdom. May Jesus have mercy on us all.


Please pray the Stations of the Cross daily to remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us and to encourage us to do the same for others. Abortion is a national tradgedy and will not end without the intercession of Jesus and Mary.

    Today, I simply wanted to talk a little bit about my journey home. For those who do not know, I am fairly new to the Catholic Church and by most standards would be considered a rookie. I am, however, totally committed to the Church. I also firmly believe in all of the teachings of the Church and without a doubt am "home at last".
   For 20 years I was raised a methodist and studied to become a methodist pastor as an undergrad.
After joining the Army I went through 12 years of the desert of non-denominational Christianity. When Michele and I became married, I became a Lutheran. For 16 years we were Lutherans except for about 2 1/2 when we pastored a Friends Church. 
   It was June 6, 2009 when during a time of prayer I felt the LORD telling me to start praying the Rosary. I had heard of it, but never knew anything about this wonderful prayer. After a week of research I started to pray it in earnest. A week later My Mom told us she had cancer. She had heard the week I was told to pray the Rosary!
   It was quite invasive and Mom was brave, brilliant, faithful and all things good. She did not want Chemo and so we hoped and prayed. At this time I started the habbit of praying at least 10 decades a day and also started praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily as well. It was also in Aug. that the ELCA choose to ordain practicing homosexuals and sanction their marriage in the Church.
   Needless to say Mom had an awesome recovery and did not need Chemo. I credit this to the Blessed Virgin who interceded for my Mother and to Jesus whose healing touch has been so marvolous for my family. At confession before lent I asked Father if he thought this was a Rosary Miracle and he said that he surley thought it was. Why would God have me pray this prayer if it is not the prayer for the Church?
   I had started this blog about the same time. In Oct. we left the ELCA and have faithfully attended mass ever since. I have averaged ten decades a day and feel it a vital part of my life. After Easter I felt a need to include the Stations of the Cross. This reminds us of the cost of the cross and of our redemption. Jesus is so good, His mercy is unfathonable.


  So here we are today I am a true believer in the power of the Rosary and of the intercession of our Lady. I love her as my patron and the mother of our LORD. May her love help end abortion and may we recognize the work God has given us to participate in the ending of this terrible tradgedy. May the Divine Mercy and Grace of Jesus be with you all. Todd

  

No comments:

Post a Comment