Divine Mercy and Divine Grace

John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The ever growing need for mercy

As I gave thought to what I should write about today it occurred to me that all I have heard from Jesus the last few months was "Pray for my Mercy". At first, I thought this was a personal message. Then a message for family members. Then a message for our nation. Then a message for my parish. You get the drift.
In an ever expanding message Jesus is saying "Bring the whole world to me. All of its people, problems, necessities, and intentions bring them to the abyss of my Mercy"
I am finding that the Mercy of God is really not measurable by human terms. The size of the universe is not enough to hold the abundance of mercy that God wants to give to this world. It is so easy to forget just what He went through to purchase our redemption. It is right there in the Stations of the Cross, the cost was the life of the Son! An amazing price to pay for a creation that is non responsive to the desires of the creator.
Without the Holy Spirit most of us would not even give the Father a thought. Our creator is wanting us to participate in life with Him. It really is beyond what I can think or imagine. It is too much. There it is, He wants us to be a part of His life. Wow!!!
So as you pray today bring before Jesus all of the needs and hopes of those who you know and love, those who you know and don't love, those who you don't know and may or may not care for. Bring them all to Jesus and imerse them in the abyss of the Mercy of God. There is room for all and grace beyond what we could ask or think for all of the necessities and intentions of mankind everywhere. May God truly have mercy on us all in abundance. God Bless, Todd



No comments:

Post a Comment