Divine Mercy and Divine Grace

John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Please pray: How to Pray the Stations of the Cross

Please pray the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, the Stations of the Cross as often as possible for:


The Intentions of the Holy Trinity: Father, Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit


Peace


The Salvation of Souls


The Ending of Abortion


The Intentions of the Holy Father Pope Benedict


The needs and intentions of at least 10 others


For God's Mercy on His Church and Your nation
Begin each station with the pray " We adore you LORD and praise you. By your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world!" Mediatate upon the cost Jesus paid for us and our salvation at each station. Some people pray the Our Father, a Hail Mary, and a Glory be at each station. The important part is to unite ourselves to Jesus in His suffering in the Way of the Cross. God bless, Todd
1st STATION
Jesus is condemned by Pontious Pilate


Jesus is condemned to die.
God, through sin, I crucify.

2nd STATION
Jesus accepts the cross.
Jesus bears the bitter cross.
Bear me up in grief and loss.

3rd STATION
Jesus falls the first time.
Jesus falls in blood and woe.
Sins of mine have struck Him low.

4th STATION
Jesus meets His mother Mary
Son and Mother meet in pain,
Must they grieve for me in vain?

5th STATION
Simon is recruited to carry the cross
Simon helps to bear the load.
Lead me, too, along the road.

6th STATION
St. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus with her veil.
On a cloth He prints His face.
In my soul Thy image trace.

7th STATION
Jesus falls the second time.
Struck to earth again be me.
Help me rise to follow Thee.

8th STATION
Jesus speaks to the women of Jerusalem.
" Weep for sins, " He tells them.
Jesus, make my grief sincere.

9th STATION
Jesus fall the third time
Thrice He falls, by lashes torn.
In Thy blood I rise, reborn.

10th STATION
Jesus is stripped of His garments.
Stripping Christ, they tear His skin.
Help me tear my flesh from sin.

11th STATION
Jesus is nailed to the cross.
In His hands, they drive the nail.
In Thy hands, I cannot fail.

12th STATION
Jesus is crucified and dies.
Jesus dies, His all to give.
By Thy death, teach me to live.

13th STATION
Jesus is taken down from the cross.
Mary, as you take your Son,
Take me, too, when life is done.

14th STATION
Jesus is placed in the tomb.
Buried with Christ who died for me,
May I rest at last in Thee.

Some add a 15th Station with the Resurrection of Christ.
















No comments:

Post a Comment