Divine Mercy and Divine Grace

John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How Great the Father's Love!

How Great the Father's Love!

   After reading today's mass readings I seem to realized how much I need to be forgiven and what a miserable state mankind as a whole is in. We really have reached the level of Sodom and Gomorah, as the state of New York has proven. What a mess.
   As an individual I have violated each of the 10 commandments:
I have not made God first in my life
I have taken His name in vain (there is more to it then just cussing)
I have not kept the Sabbath Holy
I have not honored my Dad and Mom as they deserve
I have been angry for no reason (see the sermon on the mount)
I have looked at women in the wrong sense in my life
I have stolen time from people who needed my attention
I have lied in my life
I have coveted my neighbors wife before ( a much younger me) ( anyone who fantsized about a movie star that was married is guilty)
I have coveted my neighbors material possesions
I contend most of us have done each of these. It only takes a thought....
The bottom line is God's Mercy is greater than our sin. That is why the sacrament of reconcilliation is so important. Yes, we can confess privately to God, it seems to lack the significance of confession.
His love is so Great, the Trinity is love and we can not fathom how great that love is.
Don't let the sun go down on your sin today, confess it and get rid of the near occassion of sin, partake in the Eucharist as soon as possible. Be thankful for so great a love... God bless, Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment